Shock Absorber Dynamometer PMD
The advanced PMD dynamometer is the first machine specifically designed for the shock absorber producer for intensive testing during the manufacturing process. Developed for batch or individual processing the PMD enhances the quality control process and features self defined pass or failure parameters.
The PMD has a host of features as standard and the software package with the PMD has a comprehensive range of graphical analysis allowing measurement of force, velocity and displacement. This is contained in a sophisticated, but easy access, file system enabling the engineer to easily review previously obtained data. A wide range of capabilities and upgrade options are available, both for hardware and software.
The SPA PMD dynamometer provides the shock absorber manufacturer with an accurate and cost effective solution to commercial testing.
Dynamometer Hardware Features
- Wide vertical pole gap allowing ease of installation of piggy back type dampers, Macpherson strut assemblies and motorcycle forks.
- Single phase 3kw electric motor with the option of manual or computer operated speed control
- Typical shaft velocity available at 1" stroke 1/2 - 20in/sec (specific information available upon request)
- Crank frequency operating range 0.5 - 6.5hz
- Sinusidal input scotch yoke mechanism offering a stroke range from 0.5" to 4.0" in 1/2" increments
- Optional Metric Stroke
- 110 volt Power Supply Option
- User Defined Test Parameters
- Stainless Steel Chassis
- Production tolerances easily checked
- Individual or Batch Sampling.
Data Acquisition Hardware
- 3300lb force load cell
- High spec. velocity transducer
- Displacement transducer
- Stroke speed sensor
- Thermocouple temperature transducer
- Variable sample rate to 10,000hz
- Optional computer and printer package